The vast majority of couples often have the desire to have a baby at home and begin with plans to achieve a pregnancy, but for over a year trying to do so they must go to a consultation with a fertility specialist to find out what is causing it.
One of the most common reasons why you can not achieve a pregnancy are due to fertility problems. To know if they suffer from this type of problem should go to a specialized clinic where doctors can perform the necessary tests to find out the causes.
Fertility tests are a great help to know if either or both are infertile and depending on the results can begin to take a treatment.
Fertility tests female
- Physical exploration. Weight and height are taken into account, and with a speculum inside the vagina samples of the cervix are taken to detect possible alterations of the cervix.
- Vaginal ultrasound. The uterus and ovaries are examined to detect abnormalities that make pregnancy difficult; It also allows to assess the ovarian reserve.
- Hormone analysis Through a blood analysis can be evaluated hormones involved in the menstrual cycle are the FHS (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), estradiol and antimülleriana hormone (AMH).
- Karyotype. With the blood analysis a study of the chromosomes is carried out to identify the cause of implantation failures and recurrent abortions.
Male fertility tests
- Physical exploration. This is done to detect if there are testicular or ejaculation problems. A registry of the weight and the size is made, the abdomen, groin, penis, prostate is explored and both the volume and the consistency of the testicles are examined.
- Seminogram or spermogram. Through this study the quality of the ejaculation is determined, analyzing the mobility, the morphology, the vitality and the sperm count.
- Hormonal test When having abnormal results in the seminogram a blood sample is taken to analyze the sex hormones, such as testosterone, FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone) or
- Semen culture. When carrying out the seminal culture, a bacteriological study is carried out to determine if an infection exists.
*It is not necessary to perform all the tests to get a diagnosis.
At Advanced Fertility Center Cancun we specialize in providing treatments that solve fertility problems and help them achieve their most desired dream.
Are our services interested? Find out what the first visit to our clinic would be like
Advanced Fertility Center Cancun, fertility and reproduction clinic.