Good reproductive health is a key element in a person’s life, influencing their physical, mental and emotional health. Sexual and reproductive health should promote emotional, intellectual, social and emotional well-being and development. We want to share with you some tips on how to improve reproductive health.
At Advanced Fertility Center Cancun we want to help you lead a healthy, safe and happy reproductive life.
Now, we are going to give you some tips to keep in mind to improve and take care of your reproductive health:
- Self-love is essential to choose the most suitable person and also to understand ourselves as sexual beings and learn to express our erotic side. Knowing one’s own body, loving it, valuing it and accepting it as it is in order to feel freely and confidently.
- Communication with your partner is very important for the preferences, tastes and limits you set for each other, and learning to do so openly without fear of judgement from the other.
- To practice safe sex, it is essential to maintain a daily intimate hygiene routine, with intimate soap and water (especially after sex) and to use contraceptive methods, which can be barrier, hormonal, IUD and surgical, to prevent sexually transmitted diseases (STIs) and unplanned pregnancies. It is important to remember that reversal is not a method of contraception and is therefore not safe to use.
- In relation to sexual health, difficulties can appear at any age. Taboos should be eliminated and if there is a health problem, it should be treated like any other pathology, therefore, recognising and identifying the problem and consulting a doctor is key to making a diagnosis and finding a solution. Behavioural, sexological, with or without medication, and surgical treatments give good results.
- Taking care of our sexual health also means going to the appropriate medical specialist. In the case of women, it is recommended to visit the gynaecologist regularly and have a complete check-up and a cytology for the diagnosis of candidiasis, breast cancer, cervical cancer or sexually transmitted infections. It is also recommended to visit the gynaecologist from the first time you have sexual intercourse. In the case of men, it is necessary to visit the urologist if there is discomfort, erectile dysfunction, impotence or infertility.
- Maintaining a balanced diet rich in carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre, will provide the essential elements for the optimal functioning of our organism and will help to keep our hormonal system in balance. Physical exercise will also help to reduce stress to achieve emotional well-being and increase libido. Quitting smoking, leading an active life and making space for leisure are healthy habits that will improve your sex life.
- Accredited medical and sexual health centres are the best channel to access reliable and quality information, as often what we find on the internet is not always reliable. Lack of information or unverified information regarding sexuality and our bodies affects sexual health. Improving self-knowledge and psychoeducation promotes well-being and erotic and sexual growth.
Now that we have shared with you some information about how to improve our reproductive health. We would like to know what other questions or doubts you may have about Advanced Fertility Center Cancun and would like our medical team to answer. Feel free to share them in the comments below.
What other topics would you like us to talk about on our blog? Please write them in the comments below.
If you would like to get to know our clinic, you can take a virtual tour or contact us to schedule your first appointment.
We are located in the city of Cancun, Mexico.
Advanced Fertility Center Cancun, Fertility Treatments